From an eye witness and remarkable supporter:
This afternoon I attended a 2 ½ hour hearing in Haringey Magistrates Court, Highgate during which charges against the Musas were read by the representative of the Crown Prosecution Service, sitting just in front of representatives of the Metropolitan Police with close consultation going on between them.
The charges being that Gloria and Chiwar Musa had variously maltreated each of their 5 older children and attempted to drug/kill their 6th child baby QE who was only saved from death by the intervention of St Thomas’s hospital; had then conspired to abduct the 6 children from their foster-care homes and return with them to Africa (Chiwar had allegedly recently applied for a passport) and had failed to comply with bail conditions to sign on once a week at police stations in Haringey and then Croydon.
All trumped-up charges for which evidence has been fabricated as we know. I am not at liberty to report the details of proceedings in the court today as a NO REPORTING order was issued from the bench, in respect of the fact that the identities of the 6 children had been revealed.
My application to stand bail for the Musas in the matter both of Security payable and also accommodation in my home pending their case coming to court was refused, on the grounds that the case was too serious for this court to be able to award bail. And mention was made of the fact that this visiting Nigerian couple/family had long overstayed their welcome in Britain.
The duty solicitor who had been up all night with the Musas in Saville Row West End police station happened to be a Nigerian with 5 young children of his own. He was visibly concerned at what had been happening to his compatriots and also simply as a father.
The young English duty barrister too had only just been appointed to the case that morning but once I had briefed her, she was moved to defend them and did her level best for them. The Musas in this court were granted the aid of an interpreter who translated what was being said during the proceedings into their language. Standing between them in the dock he played the dual role of interpreter and also pacifier while the charges were being read as they were clearly about to give vent to their anguish and anger.
We return to court on 7th December for a further hearing of the case. In the meantime the couple are being held on remand presumably in Holloway women’s and Pentonville men’s prison respectively.
Can it be that Haringey’s criminality passes the juries of public opinion?
Supporters need to write to them in the prison and ask them for their Prisoner Number so that the Email a Prisoner service can be used to send them letters.
Holloway Prison is 1 Parkhurst Road, London N7 0NU
Pentonville Prison is on Caledonian Road, London N7 8TT
Remember: prisoners need stamps, envelopes, paper, addresses and telephone numbers. Ask them how money can be sent to their prisons.
- I am ashamed that my country can treat a family of Nigerian citizens so cruelly, so unjustly and so dishonestly (gloriamusa.wordpress.com)
- World Attention Focuses on UK Political Prisoners: Musa Family and Aviation Adventurer Maurice Kirk (gloriamusa.wordpress.com)
- Why, oh why? Questions to the CEO of Haringey Council (gloriamusa.wordpress.com)
- Maurice on Bail while the Musas have been arrested for conspiring to abduct their own children (victims-unite.net)
- Why are the Six Musa Children still with Haringey Council? (publicityonline.wordpress.com)
- Money, paedophilia, satanic abuse or any combination of the three (gloriamusa.wordpress.com)
- Another African Paper Publishes the Musa Drama / Tragedy / “Case” (gloriamusa.wordpress.com)
- Solicitor makes False Allegations so that Judge imprisons Maurice (mauricejohnkirk.wordpress.com)