Family Law Week published this article about MPs seeking the views of looked after children:
- the All Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) for Runaway and Missing Children and Adults
- and the APPG on Looked After Children and Care Leavers.
The evidence is clear:
- The Children’s Society reveals that a quarter of the 100,000 children who run away from care or home each year, have been the victims of significant harm or abuse
- children in care are three times as likely to run away than other children.
The inquiry will produce
- a clear set of practical recommendations for policy-makers nationally and locally to improve help and support…
Far too often children who have run away or go missing are in great danger, with children in the care system disproportionately affected. One child in this situation is one child too many. There is an urgent need to address this issue and make care a better experience.
Why don’t people ask themselves WHY CARE in the first place???