This is just to let all of you supporters know that the hearing will NOT take place for the following reasons:
1) The Registrar had not been consulted on the constitution of the Court prior to the matter being listed ie he wanted to be in a position to approve the presiding judge’s appointment (ie the judge who is effectively in the position to determine the outcome of the appeal.)
2) Apparently the presiding judge who had been chosen had to recuse himself as his wife had had dealings with the Family Court matter.
3) In addition in the last few days the Appeal Court had received submissions from both Gloria and Chiwar Musa advising the court that they did not wish their current legal team to represent them, the office having also been contacted by Chiwar Musa to advise that he was in the process of submitting a 30 page document to the court and that this would have to be considered by the case lawyer before a decision was made on how to proceed.
Please understand therefore that the hearing will NOT NOW be going ahead tomorrow ie on Friday December 6th 2013 as originally planned.
In Court 18 on behalf of Melissa Laird whom I met through Gloria Musa in HMP Holloway, we discovered that her case was one of five to be listed FOR DISPOSAL. Inside the Court I noticed that the two cases we listened to both had to do with parents who had been deported, while their kids were kept in the UK and their ‘case’ disposed. Closed. Finished.
I wish I knew who created the spin on fairness, justice, democracy, etc…
- COURT HEARINGS in December illustrate how the UK’s ‘child protection’ system is an international scandal (mckenzie-friends.co.uk)
- BELINDA’s Latest Call for Battle to Protect Britain’s Children from Paedophilia UK (mckenzie-friends.co.uk)
- COURT 8, 10.30am – hijacking the agenda for ‘disposal’ not addressing the substance of her case (melissalaird.wordpress.com)
Reblogged this on .
Pingback: #LSEJackson: unique tweet opportunity after “It’s safe NOT to dispose of the matter”! | Melissa Laird
Pingback: #melissalaird in Court 18 @ the RCJ – on behalf of US mother deported whilst her only child is kept for adoption | Voluntary Public Interest Advocacy